- Suspended between the frames on a plastic tie tacked onto a frame
- In nature, QMP induces a retinue of workers around the queen. The pheromone is picked up by the workers and distributed throughout the colony, resulting in it being queen right
- Used to inhibit swarming for short periods and to supplement or temporarily replace a failing queen.
- One TempQueen consists of a QMP-laden plastic core inside a short PVC tube
- QMP exudes very slowly through the PVC walls of the tube. Attending workers pick it up by contact, and distribute it around the colony, just as they would with a living queen
- TempQueen has been used successfully by beekeepers for over 20 years, with consistently excellent results.
- The synthetic QMP in TempQueen precisely mimics the natural pheromone and is completely safe to both bees and people